Latest News

Wednesday 14 December 2016

My Honeymoon In Thailand Helped Me Shatter 5 Myths About The Country

Blog courtsey: https://blog.yatra.com
I visited Thailand as a neighing skeptic this summer. It was after my husband secretly booked tickets and surprised me a day before the flight, when I realized that our second Honeymoon was going to be at a place which my friends tout as ‘the land of sins”. My first instinct was to dismiss the trip – why would I want to spend time with my husband in a country that is known for its massages and sex tourism? Nonetheless, as everything was already pre-booked, I packed our bags languidly and dragged myself to the airport.
After landing at the Phuket International Airport, it took me precisely two hours to unlearn my preconceived notions about the country. I immediately fell in love with its people, cuisine, temples, and the hospitality. Although, it cost me a trip to desalinate myself from the stereotypical image of Thailand, it was indeed money well spent!
Here are a few myths attached to Thailand that are completely baseless and need to be busted:
 Not a Place for Family Vacations
religious
A Temple in Bhutan
Contrary to popular beliefs, Thailand has a lot to offer when it comes to vacations with family. It is an amazing amalgamation of temples, galleries, food streets, gardens, zoos, and of course, shopping malls. There is just so much to see and do for the whole family.
 People Come to Bangkok for Only “One” Reason
sex tourism
A Glimpse of Alcazar Show in Pattaya
There is no denial that sex tourism is highly prevalent in Thailand. However, the notion that sex is the only form of tourism is flawed. The Thai society is 100% inclusive, which comes as a shock for people visiting from countries especially like ours, where sexuality is taboo. One can, in fact, learn tremendously from Thai culture that displays immense respect for women.
 Massage is Another Form of Sexual Pleasure
 Thai Massage for Treating Body Ailments
Thailand is one of the best places in the world to cure your ailments organically via body massages. And, massages are not a form of carnal pleasure! The highly professional masseuses takes your stress away by applying just the right kind of pressure at the right body points.

Markets offer low-quality products

malls
Shopping
Bangkok caters to all kinds of tourists. From street markets to malls and individual shops, it is like a haven for shoppers. Though you may find high-copy bags on streets, but the malls across the country offer a wide variety of branded products at great prices. Moreover, some local shops sell brilliant quality clothes that won’t tear even if you wear them regularly for years.
 Not a Place for Vegetarians?
cuisine
Food Spread with Vegetarian & Non-Vegetarian Dishes
Hell no! What I find in Thailand is a healthy balance of non-vegetarian and vegetarian cuisines. What one often forgets is that the country is a Buddhist-majority nation, a religion that practices non-violence and some form of veganism as well. As a result, one never has to worry about finding vegetarian food; it’s widely available and is extremely delectable.
So, if the thought of visiting Thailand comes to you or any of your family member, do not hold yourself back. Go there, explore the rich Thai culture, religion and tradition. And, yes! See some myths getting shattered right in front of your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Adams

During my studies, I am spending my more time to visit location popular places. One day I was sitting on a hill and thought about the knowledgeable thing which I know. I was thinking like this because after studies , I need some professional skills for doing a business or a job. At that time a decided that I was going in travelling Background. From that day I am visiting location day to day and doing my full time job on this.

Recent Post